Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Truth

I finally have my business Facebook page up and functioning.  It is also called Heavenly Blends Glass and Jewelry. I even have some pictures of new things. I feel so accomplished.

Someone recently informed me that they were now making jewelry in a major way.  For some reason this comment bothered me and I couldn't quite figure out why.  I thought about it for a while and was finally able to put a finger on why this remark disturbed me.

I make jewelry.  I make lampwork beads.  I indulge in sundry other creative endeavors.  I have artist friends.  We all have one thing in common.  We facebook, we blog or read others' blogs, we post pictures.  We talk about our studios, our tools, and what we are currently learning or doing.  We talk to anyone who will stand still long enough to listen.  We talk incessantly about our work.  In fact, we are a lot like Toby Keith's song "Let's Talk About Me".  There is no doubt in anyone's mind that we are passionate about our art, work, and hobbies.

The person who told me that they were making jewelry in a major way has no pictures posted and absolutely no mention anywhere that they are heavily involved in jewelry.  There is nothing except a chance comment.  What bothered me about this remark is that it appears to be completely false because there is nothing to substantiate it.

One of six wine charms.

No comments:

Post a Comment