Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Monsters and Books

 This is Blossom.  She is the pink monster that replaced the one that cracked.  For some reason this glass isn't as prone to cracking as the other one seems to be.

I haven't spent a lot of time on the torch the last few days.  Now that school is out, I intend to have more time for glass.  I needed to take a little time off, but now I think I'm ready to go back.

More things were sent to my son's house this week.  I have now gotten a total of three cabinets completely cleaned and organized.  I'm about ready to tackle the movies and cookbooks; this is where the fun will really start.  I'm thinking that the movie shelves in the living room will be coming down entirely and the movies store somewhere else.

I am really enjoying Life Is a Verb.  I've discovered that many authors of "self-help" books tend to "dumb" down the vocabulary that they use.  The result is a very simplistic book that can come across as stupid.  I really like that the author of Life Is a Verb  hasn't succumbed to that tendency.  I love her word choices and the fact that she uses words of more than two syllables when necessary.



This is the bookmark that I made with Blossom.  The flower beads are a relatively new style for me and are a lot of fun to make.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Blossom is beautiful. I may have to order something like Blossom for Emily for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete