Thursday, February 23, 2012

I need chocolate

This is one of those day's when I wish I could find someone bigger than me to tell me everything was going to be all right.  I really would like a large dose of dark chocolate! Early yesterday morning I had to bury the sister to my cat that had died the following Friday.  I have orders to fill that are not getting done because I know from experience that I should not torch when I am upset.  To say nothing of the fact that I cannot even begin to create anything at the torch when I am grieving.

I have, however, discovered that knitting and crocheting must use a different part of my creative thinking because I can do both of those.  I had started crocheting again after years of neglect as a way to keep my hands busy and stay awake when I sit down in the evening.  I find both knitting and crocheting to be relaxing and a way to cope with stress.  I had intended to start knitting again because in my effort to buy less of my consumer goods from China, I had decided that I would knit my own gloves.

I looked--futilely--for glove patterns with fingers.  None were available at any of the local stores.  I have since found some, but on further reflection decided that since I haven't held a knitting needle in more than fifteen years pehaps it would be best to start with fingerless gloves.  Yesterday I downloaded a pattern for fingerless gloves and got a ball of yarn.  After a few false starts I have a creditably good start on one fingerless glove--in the brightest purple I could find.  I think I will send the completed gloves to my niece.  And I am happy to discover that I have several ideas of different colors that I would like to try.  Maybe I will add gloves to my line of things I sell at bazaars.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited! The fingerless gloves look great and i can't wait to wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be absolutely thrilled to send them to you. I'm just waiting for payday.

    ReplyDelete