Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February Blues

February has been a difficult month for me for many years. First it's the last month before the busy agriculture season, so it's usually a time of scarcity. Then it's an annoying month because one day it's sunny and so warm that I think of planting and sunbathing, the next day is so grey and cold that I don't even want to get out of bed. It is also when Lent begins--that most solemn and introspective of all church seasons. Then to top things off this year, my beloved cat died last weekend, and broke my heart.

I know that grief and depression are very hazardous to my creative processes, so I took to my torch, melted a little glass, and put together a necklace for a friend. This necklace is named "Summer Seas". My friend likes to swim and visit Hawaii and was talking about how the ocean around her home--Alaska--was preparing for winter. This necklace reminds me of warm, summer water and is also the color of the sky in summer.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment