Tuesday, April 10, 2012

More progress

I was fairly certain that the next step in my progress--after starting a blog and a business Facebook page--was to get a new digital camera that could take really good pictures.  I was also completely certain that this was going to have to wait for a while due to financial factors. 

We recently received in the mail one of those store flyers and I wasn't even going to look at it because, well, if I don't look then I don't see all these really lovely things that I "need".  While waiting for supper to cook one evening I just idly paged through the flyer to see just exactly was on sale right now.

I happened to end up in the electronics section and there was a fairly decent camera that claimed to have a super macro feature available.  And the camera was on sale for almost 50% off.  I looked at that and thought it would be a lovely next step and then promptly forgot about it because I was totally focused on the vet bill. 

As it turned out I ended up needing to go to Walla Walla Thursday.  (I am trying to limit my trips to Walla Walla to one a week.  For one, it saves me quite a bit on fuel not to drive around so much. And, two, if I'm not going into stores, I'm not spending money on things I don't need.)  Since we were already in town, I decided to run by the store that had the camera on special--mostly because I needed a new pair of flip-flops--and have a look at the camera.  It does have a lovely macro feature and I did end up getting it. 

I am now in the process of getting acquainted with my new camera.  Of course, they no longer come with SD cards, so I needed to pick up one of those also.  I ended up with a 16G memory card.  It just boggles my mind that I can get this little tiny memory card that has more memory on it than my entire antiquated computer.  Anyway, there will be pictures soon--of a variety of things...

2 comments:

  1. Celeste we just found your blog ..

    very cool.. x00x mo & the girls..
    ps i went to grade school in Dayton.. 0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you found my blog. Grade school in Dayton...it truly is a small world and people are truly connected in so many ways. I am always amazed by these connections.

    ReplyDelete