Thursday, January 24, 2013

Ice!

 Another picture of the hoar frost that we had last week.  We have had nothing but high fog lately.  Not very good for any sort of motivation.  I have spent some time considering painting the house interior yellow and have several paint samples taped to various walls.  I think that will go a long way to eradicating the winter "blahs".  I really like the white on white color schemes that I see, but they really don't work for me.  When we first painted our current home we used a lot of white on the walls, hoping to counter-act the Seasonal Affective Disorder that comes calling every winter around October.  It didn't work!  Much as I admire the white in theory, in practise I find it too sterile for me.  So color is going on my walls and I will admire other people's white color schemes.

We did get a little sun today and what a difference it made.  My fingerless gloves are finished.  (Pictures to come soon.)I have started on my hat. And I tidied up my shelves in my studio and there is glass in my kiln.
I also pulled out my trusty screw driver and hung the little drawers that I picked up to house all the components to one project--one project in each drawer.  Now I'm ready to make use of them.

I have been trying to identify what makes me happy and what causes me stress.  And determining what I can do to fix the things I can fix.

My clothes are boring...easy!  I pulled out the blazer that I had cut out ages ago and I'm going to get started sewing it.  I also have fabric for a pink top that was purchased specifically to go with the blazer.  I'm already thinking of jewelry ideas...  And I found the cutest sweater pattern!  Yes, I know...MORE knitting!  And then there is the really pretty crocheted tank top that will look great under blazers and jackets.  Crocheting I find relaxing and enjoyable.

I have identified my biggest stressor...more on that later...I am taking steps to try to make that stressor less of a huge obstacle.  One way or another, I will surmount this hurdle.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. You go girl!

    I know what you mean about the white homes. So beautiful... but would never work around here either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I was on such a roll--until I had to change gears and hit a bathroom redo at full speed. LOL! I'm still working on a necklace and I began another afghan. No new job in sight, so just have to learn to live on less.

      Delete