Finally, today, I was able to get the rest of the cookbook shelves cleaned, dusted, and organized. The crystal is washed and I put little ornaments in the empty spaces. It looks very nice; and will continue to be so until the next windstorm...Then everything will be covered with a layer of dust again. Talk about exercise in futility!
I am happy to have this behind me and can now move on to another project and more down-sizing. The counter under the shelves is piled with mail and is in serious need of cleaning and filing. I am going to have to get myself another or a different filing cabinet. The filing cabinet we have is very difficult to open. All the drawers (all two of them) stick, and it doesn't help that cats have found it necessary to annoint it with greater frequency than I like. So I am on the look-out for filing ideas.
The most current project--and there will be pictures--is a bulletin board. I want a large bulletin board in my studio over my sewing desk that I can use to display all my inspiration pictures. So I mentioned to Kent that I wanted a bulletin board, but didn't want to buy one. He promptly constructed a frame for me out of recycled pallet boards. He brought me home some cardboard that I have cut to size and covered with wrapping paper. Then I want to coil a copper wire (recycled from old wiring) around one side and attach cardboard cut-outs of flowers, leaves, and butterflies...It would have been easier to buy a bulletin board, but I will certainly have a one of a kind when it is all completed.