Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Resolutions

Just so we all understand...when I fret about getting things done and complain about not accomplishing all the things I want, I have actually done a fair amount of work.  My frustration comes from managing my time in a manner that allows for more than just the daily routine of work and necessary household chores.  Last year my one New Year's resolution was to keep my kitchen clean.  And, for the most part, I was fairly successful in this.  I also used this as a jump-off point to accomplish more.  I cannot really function best if my house is always a disaster and I have been trying to find ways that work for me to keep the chaos to a minimum and still have time and energy to do other things.  I have recently added doing one load of laundry a day and trying to make sure that said load is also folded and put away.

The best way that I have found for me to get things done is to write a list.  Now this list is simply scrawled on a piece of paper.  It isn't alphabetized, color-coded or filed.  It's simply written on a piece of paper on the counter where I mark things off when they are done.  The trick to a successful list--for me--is to remember that life as we know it will not cease to exist if I do NOT accomplish everything on that list.  I have also discovered that if I actually write down what I wish to accomplish creatively, it also gets done.  Then there are the days when I completely lack any motivation whatsoever.  Those are the days where I make a list that consists only of things I know I'm going to do--like get out of bed--or are only written down after I finish doing them, simply so that I can say I DID something.

No comments:

Post a Comment