Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Discontent

I was once involved with a network marketing company.  It had good products and the training they offered was, for the most part, excellent.  However, there was one piece of advice that I now believe is completely incorrect.  They said, "It's OK to be discontented and angry with your lot in life because this will cause you to take steps to change your life."  I have lived a few years since this and I am convinced that this is probably the most false piece of advice I have ever heard.  In my experience, the only way to grow, change, and have good things in abundance is to find a way to be grateful for where you are and what you already have.  Then things will begin to improve and good things will happen.  Anger may cause things to happen, but it never seems to bring good results and, for me at least, it is absolute death on the ability to create anything meaningful.  All that angry energy appears to be accomplishing something, but in my reality, mostly it is like spinning your wheels--lots of noise, but absolutely no movement in any direction, other than down.

No comments:

Post a Comment