Thursday, May 30, 2013

Unemployed

I have been rather ungently ushered into the frightening world of the unemployed.  Last Friday was my last day of work.


I have already filed my claim for unemployment and have been looking for work for some time.  Knowing that it will likely take some time before I can actually find another job, I have decided to treat my lampworking and jewelry making as a business.  So...each morning at 8:00 I go to work.  I even have a schedule to which I am trying to adhere.



Every day I am melting glass for at least an hour and completing one piece of jewelry to add to my inventory.



I also have allowed time to choose glass, colors, clean up and look for ideas and learn new skills.



I am not buying anything new at the moment.  The challenge is to see how much I can make with what is already at hand.  And should I run out of things to do or grow bored, I still have to stain the back deck and the remodeled bathroom requires paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment